Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The little mouse

I've almost finished clearing out my files, with my bookmarks to go so I'll be starting to blog regularly soon enough. I will be learning Linux itself as well as various packages at the same time as trying to fit into a pattern. My aim is a two day cycle, but I'll see how that goes.

When I left my flat to go food shopping, my eyes were drawn to something small moving on the floor of the communal close......it was a tiny mouse. I don't know much about rodents, so I'm guessing it was a mouse, a young one too judging by the fact that it was about 2 inches long....cute little fella too.

I love animals so I couldn't hurt it, but I figured that it was essentially trapped on one floor, so the best thing would be to encourage it outside where it could find food and shelter. It was kinda funny trying to evict it without touching it, or scaring it.....I turned into a mouse herder with my trainers.

It's now back outside, and should be fine. Part of me thought "it's so small, it must be vulnerable to cats.....or kids" but the more realistic part of me superseded that with "well, it survived fine before it arrived in the close, it'll be fine."

Either way, I hope it is alright. I would have taken a picture but my batteries are flat right now....oh well.

No comments: