Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Aligning my PC for the future

I've had a lot of upheaval in recent weeks. I switched my PC from Windows XP Pro to Mandriva Linux, and have a lot of folder and file reorganizing yet to do. I have lots of files which no longer matter to find and delete. Almost all of the programs I used in XP are not released for Linux, I have to relearn new packages to do the same thing. My Firefox used to be set up for surfing, now I am reorganizing that for working, which will take a while yet too.

I had a blog at WordPress.com but after about six weeks realized they were not the place for me. I also let my blog there get cluttered with too many subjects. This understandably led to my readership falling back so I knew I needed several blogs, it was only a case of narrowing down how many and how to split them up. Finally, this is done.

A quick run down of what each blog is for (as named in the sidebar list):

I need to readjust my working practices, and find a pattern. These blogs will start rather irregularly but will find their own flow as I improve, please be patient.

No comments: